Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sending warm Fozzies...Project Runway Challenge #3

This week, the designers had to design an outfit for Miss Piggy to wear to the opening of her new Muppet Movie!  Imagine the horror of having a pig puppet tell you on tv "I can use that hat to clean my pots and pans." Ouch.

What on earth could I do with this one??  I decided to make a card for Miss Piggy, vs. doing a card featuring Miss Piggy, or pigs in general.  I didn't give myself any budget here (mostly due to the last one being so high), so I shopped my stash and gave myself about 2 hours to finish.  Here is my design!















I used this really fun Pink Paislee paper called Soiree that I got when I won a Moxie Fab World challenge last year.  (You can check my winning entry here.)  I thought they were so colorful and fun, just like Miss Piggy!  I made the chevrons using Jennifer McGuire's YouTube tutorial.  Then, to top it all off, I used the sentiment from Hero Arts and took the ink off the "u" in fuzzies, to make it "fozzies!"  I gotta say I don't LOVE the Stickles on it, but I felt like the chevron strips weren't defined enough (I didn't choose that wisely...wasn't thinking about how the strips would look all chopped up.)  But, I think it's bright and fun, and I feel like I would be SAFE in this challenge!  Can't wait till tonight's episode to get my mojo going once again!

Cindy ScrappyV

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy, your entry for the Project Runway is FABULOUS! Love this cute and sweet card for Miss Piggy (love her "attitude"!). The use of pattern paper is SUPERB! I am glad that you stopped by my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete