Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cooking Themed Bridal Invites

In addition to my Etsy shop, I am often asked to make custom invitations, cards, etc.  I wanted to share a cool bridal shower invite I made for a friend.  She told me it was a cooking themed bridal shower and she wanted everyone to bring a 4 x 6 recipe card with their favorite recipe on it.  So, here is what I came up with:

I blurred out the names and such, so it looks a little strange.  I totally love the pocket that holds the recipe card, and I am quite impressed with myself on the invite part itself.  I didn't use MS Word for like 8 years, and now that we finally got it again, I feel like I don't even know how to use it!  It used to be so easy......Anyway, I am proud that I actually downloaded fonts from the Internet and successfully used them!  Ha!  

Here is a great idea to use your stamp sets differently.  I did not have any cooking themed stamps, so I ordered this one from Maya Road.  I wanted a repeating pattern, so I kept the stamps on the backer and attached the whole thing to my clear acrylic block with my adhesive runner:
There was a lot of stamping with this pattern.  The front flap and pockets are done with Distress Inks and then just clear embossing on the black.  Considered not doing the clear embossing, but I think it adds so much to the quality of the finished product.  My friend loved them!  Thanks for looking!



6 comments:

  1. Wow, this rocks! This set looks amazing! I love how you used this Maya Road stamp set (I've never seen it before..as I live in a different planet/galaxy--LOL)! I am not surprised that your friend LOVES it!Your comment always makes me smile! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have created your own bg with these fun stamps! Your friend is going to love your contribution, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to say hi and thank you! Hope you are enjoying the beginning of summer! HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! Would you make them again for a potential buyer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I would love to! Email me some more details cindyvalentine@gmail.com. Can't believe you found me!

      Cindy ScrappyV

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I sent an email off to you for more details :)

      Delete